Sunday, June 10, 2012

We are tourists.

Today was a great day. We couldn't have asked for better weather! It was the perfect day to take in the sights. We started the day late with a hop on hop off bus tour that took us all over Dresden. It was my first double decker bus experience and I must say that it was better than I expected.


We stopped and got off the bus in a district across the river. It was just what I imagined Germany to look like. We walked around for a while then got some lunch. I should mention that eating times are awkward. I know zero German. The problem is that I am super picky and Aaron is a vegan. Every time we order it starts with food charades and ends with Aaron repeating what he wants in a crazy "German" accent. In the end we never know what we are going to get. Today I was pleasantly surprised.


After we got back on the tour we went to the center if the city. It was so pretty. It almost looked fake. We went through some of the most ornate buildings I have ever seen. Dresden loves fancy things.


We stopped at a very odd playground made from wood and chain length fences on our way back through town. I'm noticing a theme of very tall sides.


All in all it was a great day! It was fun and relaxing...the best way to spend a Sunday!


Tomorrow we head back to Berlin. Dresden was fantastic, I hope Berlin can live up to the hype.

Location:Schreibergasse,,Germany

1 comment: