Friday, June 8, 2012

A Hitch in Our Giddy-up

This flight is crazy. We flew from Lubbock to Dallas, Dallas to Chicago, Chicago to Madrid and then we fly on to Berlin. I knew it was going to be a tad bit crazy when our flight left Chicago an hour late yesterday. When we arrived in Madrid we had 20 minutes to catch our connecting flight. Too bad the Madrid airport is a modern maze. We scurried as fast as we could to our gate, and I am happy to report that only once did I think I might have a heart attack from carrying this giant backpack and purse while running up and down stairs.



Long story short...we missed our flight by minutes. If this would have been the Amazing Race I would have started crying and praying for a non elimination round. But since it's not the Amazing Race, the ticket agent stuck us on the next available flight which is 6 hours from now.


As I type, we are camped out by the only plug in the place and are just hanging out until its time to continue on to Berlin. This is my first time to Spain, but I feel like I am really getting to take it all in with the scenic views from the airport.



Isn't that overpass lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment