Friday, June 22, 2012

Two days in one...

We got into Nuremberg and immediately headed out to sight see. Nuremberg had a different feel to it. It felt older and more Medieval. We went up to the Nuremberg castle and learned about medieval fighting techniques.


You can imagine how fascinating that was. What was exciting though was that I had a celebrity spotting! I love celebrities. We were up on the city lookout with a few other people and I spied from my little eyes....Mötley Crüe. They were right beside us. Tommy lee was the tip off. Surprising that I knew him. Must be all that trash television I watch. That's them in the corner.


On our way backdown from the castle we stopped at a market to get a snack.


Don't be deceived...I didn't get any of that. I got ice cream. It was so good. Now I understand why everyone in Germany walks around with an ice cream in their hand. Seriously, it's unbelievable. The ice cream market is thriving around here.



Nuremberg is known for many things in history. It was the place where many Nazi rallies were held and the Nuremberg trials . But I won't remember it for that. What I will remember is the zoo. The Nuremberg zoo was the best zoo I have ever been to.


We got up close and personal with monkeys. How cute is that baby on the momma's back? They had enclosures that felt completely natural and the monkeys could come and go as they pleased. The best part of the zoo; however, was the manatee exhibit.


I was beyond excited. I love manatees. Love, love, love them! I could have stayed and watched them all day! I really felt a connection to them. It was like I was five years old.


After we left the zoo, we headed back to the hostel and rested before dinner. We had to rack out early because our train for Freiburg left at 5 am.

Location:Nuremberg, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment