Monday, June 11, 2012

Adventure sports.

Today we found our way back to Berlin. We arrived mid morning so we spent the morning walking around doing some sightseeing. This is the Prussian royal family's church. It is breathtaking. We went inside, looked around, and reluctantly climbed to the top. I would say that I was the reluctant one. I saw how far that bad boy was to the top and unbelievable dread set in.


Nevertheless, I made it. I had to try and act like I was in some form of shape because Aaron was taking the stairs 2 at a time. I almost died. It was a pretty remarkable view for the top. Although I looked like a drowned rat when I got there.


After our morning workout, we decided to do a Segway tour of Berlin. Yep, a Segway tour. I was so nervous that I could have puked. My hands were shaking and I thought that I was going to wet my pants. This guy, however, was jazzed. Like best day ever excitement. He goton and was a pro.


I was not. You can clearly see the trepidation in my face. I was having to get a special Ed lesson from the tour guide. As a word to the wise, never go on a Segway tour in a long skirt. It could be the reason I wiped out at first. That or my awful balance.


After I got the hang of it, it was the best thing ever. I went as fast as I could and tried to scare pedestrians by sneaking up on them ringing my bell and zooming around. It was a power packed German lesson too. I straddled the Berlin wall.


We spent a little time at the Jewish Holocaust Memorial.


Visited the Brandenburg gate. The coolest part of that was the hotel to the right. It was the hotel Michael Jackson hung Blanket out of.


When we finished we went to the hostel to check in and found out that they upgraded us to an apartment. We have a balcony both a view.


We've had great luck so far. Everything has fallen into place. Fingers crossed this luck continues.

Location:Alte Schönhauser Straße,Berlin,Germany

1 comment:

  1. That sounds amazing gob bluthe!! Segway tour!! I love all of it! And you look so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete